Monday 15 November 2010

Sony Alpha a55

Well where can I start..... this camera is like a speeding bullet. I wasted £700 get a camera without a lens so I can shoot 6 frames per second and then you had this buddy which kicked my cameras butt.... I mean Sony has made something out standing under £700 (with VAT back), It does 10 frames per second and also the HD video with this new tracking thing..( ill get the name soon..sorry) which tracks people when your recording, I mean like fast moving objects. Easy way to put very fast at tracking things.

Also if your the lucky person who has picked up the latest one then you should have the 3D video and 3D image and if you wasn't don't worry you can get the firmware download from the Sony site and if you can't find it let me know and I'll get you the Link. Now the 3D movie.. I spoke to the Sony rep and asked him how you can replay it after you've recorded it now he said that if you have a Panasonic 3D TV or the Sony 3D TV you should be able to play back with out the glasses ...(not a rich person so haven't had a chance to try it out) but I will get back to you on that one. Anyways the camera it self is for what it does is small.. I mean if you compare this camera to a Canon or a Nikon (Nikon don't do one more then 8 frames per second) its small but the handling of the camera is good, its easy to hold and get a grip of better then the Alpha 500 (don't like the design of it).

Here you go another photo of the Alpha a55 from the back. By the way nearly forgot the Sony's panoramic mode, now the older models I mean the onces on the compare cameras their panoramic mode used a cheap video mode which then convert into a still which meant the quality of the image wasn't as good but on this model it has the same style which means that you still sweeping the camera but you can hear the camera actually take photos, so which means that the photo is alot higher quality then the older once.

Ok one last and main thing to cover in this camera is how can it be so fast..... Now couple of years ago or more or less what ever way Canon came up with a mirror design called translucent-mirror which meant the mirror never moves it stays the way it is but it lets light through but if you look through the view finder you could still see out side of the lens. Which meant their cameras became alot faster at take photos because of the mirror never moved (great idea but for some reason they don't use it now). Now Sony has done the same thing in this camera which allows it to take 10 frames per second. When I spoke to the Sony rep and asked if it makes the image darker or harder to take a image or anything like that and he said it doesn't cause what Sony has done it's they made the senor more sensitive which means it balance everything out...... I hope that helps if you got any questions let me know please...

 Here's another image just to give you a idea of how different it is from the Alpha 500. I mean don't get me wrong Alpha 500 is a very good camera in its time and was a fast camera (5 frames per second) but it was a ugly looking camera, it had so many buttons on the top that it looked more like a keyboard then a camera but I mean it depends on everything. But anyways guys I hope I have given you a better idea on how the camera looks if you need more photos or something let me know I will get you a photo of the inside of the camera so you'll get to see the mirror but been really busy so haven't had alot of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment